About the Program:
The year of 2017 is like no other we have seen in decades. From disruption of technological forces that are changing the way we work and play to changes in Washington which will take time to understand its full impact, it is important to understand the context of what is taking place. The speed of change is a force that we will all wrestle with over the next decade.
As the economic environment and hotel structure continue to change at a rapid pace, it is important to understand the current outlook, economic concerns and forecasts that will dictate behavior in all business environments. The impacts of global political and economic instability still exist although the global economy is growing together for the first time in modern history
Our world has become much more complex with a variety of issues from, cyber security, meetings advocacy, behavioral changes and Health & Wellness leading the charge. In this dynamic session, industry veteran Michael Dominguez shares the latest trends in the hotel industry and how they affect your meetings and incentives.
Gain a better understanding of the economic environment, how structural changes will have an impact in 2018 and beyond, identify ways to optimize your ability to maneuver through this quickly changing environment. We will also explore the internal and external forces that will continue to pressure meeting design, content dissemination and the need to understand we no longer have attendees, but rather participants in meetings
- Understand the need to move fast in changing organizational structure
- Take a look at the impact of global political and economic forecasts
- Review industry forecast for the US and Global sectors
- Understand new competition and disruptive forces that will move us all
- Understand behavior changes in audiences of the future
- Review what is MYTH versus REALITY in today’s environment
- US Travel Association (Executive Committee)
- Co-Chair of the Meetings Means Business Coalition
- Co-Chair APEX Room Piracy Taskforce
- Successful Meetings Top 25 Most Influential People in the Meetings Industry 2013,2014 & 2015
- Smart Meetings 2015 Smartest Industry Leaders
- HSMAI’s 2014 Top Minds in Sales and Marketing
- Meetings Focus 2014 Trendsetter
- MeetingsNet 2014 Changemakers
- HispanicBusiness.com’s “50 Most Influential Hispanics in the US”
Michael Dominguez is the Chief Sales Officer for MGM Resorts International providing oversight of sales strategies in the MICE and leisure segments, including industry relations, Spdiversity sales and MGM Resorts Events & Production Services.
Michael is actively involved in leadership roles in the Meetings and Events Industry and currently serves as the Immediate Past Chairman on the International Board of Directors for Meeting Professionals International.
Michael’s other industry leadership involvement includes board positions with:
Advisory Boards of:
Mike has also served on Task force positions for PCMA, ASAE and CIC.
Michael was recently recognized in the industry for numerous honors including:
This program is eligible for one clock hour towards CEM recertification.
For more information on CEM certification, visit: https://www.iaee.com/cem
Thank you to our Program Sponsors